My very own protector of mankind...
You would really have to personally know my almost 5 year old daughter to understand how awesome this story is. Lexi is such a sweet girl. Always looking out for her brother and 2 little cousins, (she's the oldest grandchild on both sides!). The other day while at karate class a little boy decided to "bust a move" on one of Lexi's little girlfriends, who happened to be standing next to her. Lexi grabbed Josie, gave her a big hug and moved her to the opposite side. Then turned to that little boy and gave him quite a look and continued on with her class. After class, when she and I were walking out to the car and she gave me her view of the story, (not knowing I'd watched the whole thing for myself with a swelled heart). She looked at me and said, "Mom, I think I'm the protector of all the little kids in the world." I just replied, that's right honey, fearing if I said more I'd start to cry. Ya know how when you think you have a name for the child growing within you, you look it up to see what it means and hope your child lives up to that expectation? I wanted to look her name up again, becuase I had, of course forgotten the meaning from naming her nearly 5 years ago. Well, while I was on the phone with my best friend yesterday, she looked up Alexis on her computer. Here it is, Alexis - Protector of the world's mankind. Isn't that cool? Ya know what else is strange about it? This isn't the first time she's told me she wanted to be a protector for kids, no kidding. Lord, thank you for the special gift that IS my Lexi, let me bring her up in such a way that she will keep this kindness and sincere way within her heart forever.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home