Monday, October 02, 2006

My Son. The Romantic?

Could it be? Is there a glimmer of hope in him that he will respect and cherish a woman one day? It certainly is my hope, mine and every other mother of a son in the world, right?
Well...the other day I am doing the wonderful task of cleaning the bathroom. I was really getting in there with some harsh cleaners, so I took off my wedding set and put it on a washcloth on the sink. Enter:David. He goes straight for the ring, (because it's shiny!!!) and I quickly tell him to leave it right there. "That is a really important ring Tiger, Daddy gave it to me." Then he asked if he could just see it for a minute. I agreed and he took it and looked at it very carefully, then looked up to me and said, "Mom, I know what this is, Daddy gave it to you so you would marry him." "That's right Buddy, isn't it pretty?" "Yep and I know what he did with it Mom." I was a bit puzzled until my little boy, right there in the bathroom said, "Like this Momma?" and there he was on one knee, head bowed down to his chest, my ring held with both hands and extended up above his head. I was so choked up, but trying not to seem so said, "Yep son, that is how you do it." One day my little boy will find a special someone to adore as Aaron adores me, I pray already that she is good enough for him.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jody said...

Cute... and not really the answer I'd expect from your creative David. hee hee.

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home