Have you been pee-ing in the street?
Ha! That one got your attention. I have a sty in my left eye. A painfully swollen, blurred vision making, red, itchy, hurts-to-blink sty in my eye. I used to get them all the time when I was a kid, from peeing in the street. Or so my Grandpa, my mom's dad, would tell me. That's how you got one, so your mom would know you'd pee'd in the street. He was trying to make me laugh, of course. LOVED to make people laugh. That was one reason of many, he had one to match every illness. If you had a canker sore, you'd kissed a fool, is another I remember. He was a funny-guy. (I get my humor from him and my dad.) Always ready with a joke or a silly toy to play with. He always gave gag-gifts, just to make people jolly. He's been gone a long time now, gosh nearly 22 years. My sister never got to know our Grandpa, she often asks me to tell her about him. Every story I tell of him, makes me smile. I hope that's how people remember me one day...with a smile.

4 Comments:
So, what's a sty? Never heard of it. Hope it gets better, though; sounds nasty.
It's an eye infection. Sort of like a boil on your eyelid. It is nasty, ugly and painful.
Ew. Have you got some medication for that? Hope so. It sounds just terrible. I once had pink eye so badly I woke up one morning and couldn't open one of my eyes because it was pussed shut. I was young and it made me panic a bit. Heal fast, my friend.
Thanks for the advice Katy. I actually remember seeing it on her eye in a picture. It was awful this morning, but seems a little less swollen tonight. Maybe it's getting better?
P.S. The other person here, "wandering coyote" is our cousin Aaron Nelson's wife, Allyson, (just in case you didn't already know that). We have fun keeping track of each other this way.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home