I Feel Good...
Na, na, na, na, na, na, na. I knew that I would now...
I got my house mucked out today. Dusted, cleaned, polished and scrubbed. And I DO mean scrubbed. Like on my hands and knees, scrubbed the floors. Bathroom, hallway, dining room and kitchen. Yea! My father-in-law finished taping and mudding the soon-to-be kitchen pantry and I am sooooo happy about that. You have no idea. He does a great job, but is not the tidyest of people. So there was drywall mud from the kitchen to the basement and back again. I'm so glad that part is out of the way. Now it just needs to be painted and the shelving put in. The shelving will definately be the tough part for Aaron, it's a very odd space (and he has a picky wife!). He's been doing good though, working on it when he has some spare time. Which, doesn't come along too easily being a trucker that works 13-16 hours a day. When that is done it will be on to finisheing the basement, or so I hope. This project has been on the back burner for about 4 years now. All the really needs to be done structurally down there is the suspended ceiling and a bit more drywall hung. Then, of course paint, carpet and tile. It will be a family room. I'm excited about it because I get to decorate it how I want it to be when it is done. I plan to use primary colors to accent. There are some adorable lights I want at Lowe's. They are for the 2 side walls, (not the ceiling). A silver bar has 4 lights and I plan to use the colored, blown glass shades. 1 blue, 1 red, 1 orange and 1 green. Then there is a smaller, cubby towards the back of the room that I plan to make a "crafting area", so that part of the floor will be tiled instead of carpeted. Haven't decided on the carpet color yet, suggestions more than welcome. Blue is (Ithink) going to be my main color. There is a really cool cobalt blue sofa that I want down there. I think we will just do white walls since there isn't a lot of natural light and since I plan to use a lot of color in accent items, (lights, furniture, etc.) My mother-in-law is an AMAZING seamstress. She can literally make/sew ANYTHING. She once had someone offer her $10,000 for an Irish Wedding Band quilt she made that was on display at a local quilt shop. (I was given it as a gift...it wasn't "for sale".) Anyway, she is going to help me make a giant beanbag for the corner of the room. I think I want it to be either orange or red. The kids will love that. I really want a room that just for hanging out and having fun in. It's very exciting, I just hope it will be done soon. Spring is right around the corner and Aaron hates working indoors during the sunny weather and who can blame him?!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home