Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Today...a zombie.

It seems like when you are a stay-at-home mom, you wear all kinds of hats. You may be a playmate, craft coordinator, teacher...well, today for instance, I am a zombie. My son doesn't sleep, has never been fond of sleep and I fear, will never BE fond of sleep. I've tried putting him back to bed when he gets up "before the sun wakes up", but he just cannot return to slumber. He's so wide awake that there's no way he'd go back to sleep. At naptime and before bed EVERY day he asks, "which time do I have to sleep for mom?". (He wants to know how long he has to sleep.) I just tell him if he would close his eyes for just a little while, his body will rest as much as it needs to. Last night was no different. I don't think he fell asleep until 10 and he was bright eyed at 6am, asking to play queitly in his room. It would have been okay, but Lexi was in bed with me at 2:48 am with a bad dream about snakes. I don't think I fell asleep again after that. When my kids sleep with me...I don't. I feel every flip, every flop and hear every snort. I guess I'll sleep when I'm dead.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jody said...

ha ha! you and me both, Kimmy.

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home