Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Goodbye Summer...

Ugh...it has gone by so fast. I have reddish/orange leaves on the tree in the middle of my yard. Can you believe that? Lexi will start Kindergarten the 31st. She is so excited to start "real" school. Her teacher is a family friend. She grew up next to and still lives beside my Gram in town. She's been patiently awaiting Lexi turning 5 and being in her class. Lexi and I will go back-to-school shopping in Missoula in a couple of weeks. That will be fun.

Our big family reunion was this past weekend. I, as many of you already know, was the coordinator this time. It went off without a hitch! Everyone loved the plans I made and the T-shirt I designed for it. It was so nice to see everyone again. There were about 55 of us in all. The kids had a blast getting to know and playing with all of their cousins.

It has been raining here for 2 days straight now. Stops for a bit and continues again. Big thunder storms. Lex used to be TERRIFIED of the thunder, it would actually make her shudder poor thing. There was one time, she was probably around 2, we had a terrible storm and we all ran into the house. Each of us thinking someone had grabbed her. She was out in my mom's greenhouse and we heard a HUGE clap of thunder, (the kind that rattles the windows) followed by the most horrified shriek come from outside. My mom ran out to grab her and she was just shaking, she was so scared. Now, she doesn't really care for the storms at night, but if there is thunder during the day, she'll ask you to sit outside and listen to it with her. Yesterday, there was just thunder with some tiny sprinkles. She and I laid out in the hammok for probably 1/2 an hour spotting the lightening and listening to the thunder. Those are the times so enjoy my life most. No worries, with my child, enjoying nature and the symphony the Lord provides. Thank You God, for my wonderful life...

1 Comments:

Blogger Wandering Coyote said...

Aaron said everything was fantastic and that everyone had a great time. He really enjoyed himself a lot. I was sorry I couldn't be there.

If you could send us some of your rain, I wouldn't complain! It's bone dry here and hot, and there are some bad forest fires happening not too far from here.

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home