Wednesday, May 11, 2005

The Smell of Rain

I just LOVE that smell. We've really gotten a lot of rain so far this spring. Everything is getting so green and the flowers and trees are blooming. The kids both have rubber boots and so enjoyed splashing around in them yesterday. I planted bulbs in my new planter that Aaron built for me last summer. They are about 3 inches high now and all along the outside edge of the planter. I've even forgotten what I planted, all I do remember is that they were an assortment. I plan to plant 2 peonies at each end and differnt colors and sizes of daisies, since they are my favorite. There is grass growing in all around the planter as well. It use to be a big, weed infested flower garden. The planter is pretty big and sort of shaped like a (corded) telephone receiver. With the "handle" lining the fence and the "earpiece" and "mouthpiece" facing out. (To sort of give you a visual.) There is a concrete bench that fits perfectly inside that innie part. And in front of the bench a little ways grows a big choke-cherry tree for shade. Looks really nice, he did a great job. Will look even better with all the flowers in it. Maybe I'll take a picture??? I'm so glad we are getting this extra rain. Our rivers were really low for this time of year. The last late snow we got was really great for that too. I hope it will decrease our fires and increase our time to go camping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home