Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Stone Soup?

I have kidney stones. It has been a very rough, stressful couple of months for me...I have given myself kidney stones. Yea. It is painful, excruciating actually. Never-the-less, my kids make me able to laugh about it.
After I came home, David had overheard that I had kidney STONES. He came over to me, patted my tummy and said, "Mommy, you're not 'a pos to eat rocks, don't eat anymore rocks, okay mommy?". I giggled to myself and said, "Okay son, thank you." My daughter asked why I had to have surgery in the hospital. I told her they needed to put a piece of plastic in my tummy to help the rocks come out when I go potty. She wanted to know what the plastic was like, so my mom explained to her that it was like a long straw. So now, when we see people, even ones we DON'T know, she'll tell them, "My mom had surgery, now she has a straw in her tummy!".
Thank You God for my children, they give me the strength to look at life in such an amusing way.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wandering Coyote said...

Aaron was telling me about this. I hope you're feeling better now, and I'm glad your kids are finding some humour in it to comfort you.

2:32 PM  
Blogger Kimberley said...

Thanks, I am much better now. My kids keep me sane, believe it or not!

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home