Wednesday, August 31, 2005

My "baby" girl....

...started school today. REAL school, the school I went to in 4th and 5th grade. It frightens me. I cried as I walked home alone. What a kid though, she had a wonderful time and already made friends. My Lexi-bug is a social butterfly...to say the least. She loves everyone, is very outgoing and energetic. She's very fun to spend time with because of her sweet nature. *sigh* She also wears her heart on her sleeve, like her momma. That's where the frightened part comes in. I was teased terribly all through elementary and high school because I've always had boobs. Started wearing a bra in 1st grade, just developed early. Wasn't chubby or anything, but was also tall for my age, just like Lexi is tall for hers, so they teased me for than too. (Lexi is 4' 4" and not even 5 1/2 yet!) I know I've rambled before about this before, sorry. I KNOW she will do well. The "bullying policy" is much differnet than when I was in school. It is simply NOT tolerated, thank God! There wasn't even such a policy when I was young. This school is a very small one. Just 132 students K-8, 13 of which are in Lexi's class. So teacher/student is very low, that also helps. If you pray, please pray that she has a great school year, that she does her best and that she is kind to all...even those who tend not to be (and that her mommy doesn't make herself crazy with worry in the process!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home