Scandal!
Well, I found out yesterday what I have been suspecting for some time now...Buferd is not a purebred Basset Hound. I know, I know...may not seem like much to you all, but the reason I PAID for him was because I thought he was a purebred, he would become registered and I could (with his help and a girlfriend of course) have some babies of my own one day. Now I can't register him, (honestly) and should probably just go ahead and have him neutered. I took him for a check up yesterday and the vet agreed with me that he just couldn't be purebred. The only thing that is really Basset in him is his length. He is a big boy, 57 pounds to be exact (Basset's are prett big)! His ears and snout are pretty short though, (compared to a "real" Basset Hound) and his hair is quite long, he really isn't very floppy either. Basset's typically have A LOT of extra skin just hanging around. Not my Buf! Anyway, I wrote to the breeder, asking if she's had any more complaints. Out of 10 pups, you'd think I wouldn't be the only one unhappy about it. As I added in my letter to her, I adore him and wouldn't trade him for anything. He is really smart and so very sweet. I'm just upset that I paid for somehting I really didn't get. I'd really just like enough back to pay for his neuter-ing. We'll see what she has to say...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home