Thursday, December 08, 2005

My Daughter's Tender Heart


For those of you who have read my blog from the beginning, you will remember a post about my sweet Lexi last February, "My Very Own Protector of Mankind". For those of you who are new, you can read it if you'd like, to get a sense of my daughter's spirit.
Yesterday we were at a MOMS Club gathering. It has been very cold out here in Montana. Got to -30 F night before last and we had a high of 2 F yesterday. Well, Lexi wanted to go outside, so I told her it was just too cold out and there wasn't a fence in the front of the house anyway. She looked at me with her gigantic blue eyes and said, "but mom, I just need to peek out there and see what our earth is doing today." She is such a tender kid, very in-tune with her world around her and the feelings of every living thing. I feel so fortunate to be her mother.
This photo was taken Spring 2004, she is holding a Swallowtail butterfly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home