Tooth Fairy or not to Tooth Fairy?

Lexi lost her 3rd tooth. She lost the front, bottom 2 in August and was quite distressed about the Tooth Fairy. She had lost the first in the evening. When she asked about the Tooth Fiary, I tried my best to tell her what I "knew". So, we put her tooth in a little, velvet pouch under her pillow, I tucked her in and said prayers and wished her sweet dreams. A little while later I hear soft whimpering from her room. When I go down to check on her she is in a pile in her bed and bellars out tearfully, "Mommy, I don't want the Tooth Fairy to come into my room!". Poor kid was so afraid. After trying to calm her down and tell her the Tooth Fairy was tiny, "like in Cinderella", I finally had to just tell her the truth. "Mommies and Daddies are the Tooth Fiary honey, she is just a pretend story." She quieted and drifted off to slumber land a little while later. So, last night...Mommy put a dollar under her pillow...no worries!
How will she handle an old, fat man in the house in a couple of days???

1 Comments:
Too funny! I love it!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home