Sweet Innocence.
Kids are so innocent and (in a way) naieve (sp?). My son saw a statue of the Mother Mary and was asking about her. I explained that she was Jesus' mother and that she lived long ago. Then my sweet girl asked how long ago, "Like 5 years mom?". I told her it was a lot longer ago than that and of course, wanted to have that explained a little more. Then she asked if Mary had died. When I told her that Mary did die, she was very sad and like she had known her personally said in a quiet almost choked up voice, "Oh Mom, I didn't know Mary died." What a sweet girl I have. She still prays, nearly every day, for my best friend's grandmother who passed away a couple of years ago. Thankfully, Nana is already where prayers are no longer needed. ;) I expect she will be adding Mary to those prayers.

1 Comments:
Kimmy,
That brought tears to my eyes. I got teary-eyed in church today because the old lady in front of me was wearing Nana's perfume. (Windsong).
Thanks for writing that... what a day it will be when we all get to see each other again. Our Grandmas might even be talking about us! I can see them being friends. haha!
Jode
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home