Wednesday, March 30, 2005

How much sorrow can one person bear?

A friend of mine has just been having a terrible time. She went in to have an emergency C-section Sunday before last because her little one was 2 weeks overdue. The day she went in her boyfriend of 14 years died of kidney failure. The day after the baby was born, just 1 day lived, she died. Holly was home from the hospital just a few hours when her dog died. I could hardly believe my ears when she called to tell me all of this. I went to the funeral yesterday. My MOMS Club prepared and served all the food for the reception afterwards. What a sad day it was for us all. The casket was so tiny it was carried in by the funeral director. Sometimes life isn't fair. I think that my life sometimes sucks until I look at someone else's. My son was born very sick. He was in intensive care for his first 2 weeks of his life. Thank God, today he is a very healthy, happy boy of 3 1/2 but all I could think sitting there, staring at that tiny coffin, was how easily it could have been me. Shedding tears of pain for my friend and the grief she has to face. When I got home last night, I hugged both of my children so long and so hard, they had to ask me to let them go. Thank you God, for the joy they give me, thank you for sparing my sweet boy and please, please be with my friend right now and always. I'm so thankful she has her faith in God to see her through, knowing that one day, she WILL see her baby girl again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wandering Coyote said...

Oh my, what an incredible story. Sometimes I really don't understand how the universe works. I hope she has lots of good people like you to surround her at this time.

5:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home