Saturday, March 05, 2005

My own Taco Cassarole Recipe

Thought I'd share this recipe I came up with, my family loves it. I was able to use up all the broken tortilla chips that never get eaten (cuz' they're too small to dip!).

350F prep 10 mins, bake time 25 mins or until bubbly.
13X9 pan, sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.

In a small pan, brown 1-1 1/2 pounds of ground meat, drain well. Beef, turkey, whatever you have on hand.
Meanwhile, completly crush about 3 cups of tortilla chips or left over taco shells. Place 1/2 of them in the bottom of the pan and sprinkle with cheddar cheese, set aside.
Chop 1 small zucchini and add to browned and drained meat also add 1 can diced tomatoes and 1 packet of taco seasoning, (also good with chili seasoning). You can also add 1 cup sour cream if you like it. Add to prepared pan. Top with remaining, crushed chips and another sprinkling of cheddar, (more is always better!). To serve, you can top it like a taco with shredded lettuce, fresh tomato and salsa/taco sauce if you'd like. With the veggies it is a quick 1 pot meal, I've also added black beans instead of meat. My family eats the whole pan and there are only 4 of us. It's a favorite of my Lexi. We all prefer Mexican cuisine over most anything else. (Since cheesecake isn't considered a main dish!) If you try it, let me know what you think.

3 Comments:

Blogger Wandering Coyote said...

I'll have to send you, or post on ReTorte, my mom's recipe for tossed tostada salad - it involves chips, is Mexican-ish, and is a good way of getting your kids to eat a serving or 2 of veggies.

4:56 PM  
Blogger Wandering Coyote said...

Wow, Kim, you sure get around. How did you find Bruce's blog, by fluke or by following a link from mine? His photos are beautiful...

4:59 PM  
Blogger Kimberley said...

I'll be watching for the recipe. I was bored and looked at a few on your site. Those photos are very beautiful, I agree!

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home